Sunday, February 28, 2010

How to get pin straight hair in humid weather?

I usually straighten my hair everyday in the mornings, but when I go outside my hair just flips out! How can I keep it straight? Any products that will keep it straight in humid and cold weather? BTW, I use a Helen of Troy hair straightener that goes to about 430 degrees. I usually use hairspray, but it doesn't help too much. Washington is a very humid place !How to get pin straight hair in humid weather?
Put some hairspray in you're hair after you straighten it, if you don't your hair won't last as long





Also try some anti- frizz formula which u can find in the grocery store or local rite- aid





My hair used to unstraighten and frizz after i straightened mine until i realized i should put a little bit of hairspray over my hair haha





it makes a difference!How to get pin straight hair in humid weather?
truthfully there is always a cost when it comes to style...


but i must say a perm is worth it!! my friend got one in china - for $10 xD - which is supposed to alst 3months [no flaws btw] but lasted the longest time ever!!
Get a japanese straightening perm. Lasts for about a month, looks like this: http://www.michistyle.com/Main/photo.gif
Omg i want to know the same thing sorry im no help lol.
I have long, thick, wavy hair. I'm from Northern Europe (Scottish/Irish/Dutch) originally but living in the USA and it's taken me a while to figure out what products are right for my hair living in the humid south!





Folica.com has some great deals on awesome haircare products. This is what I use in my routine:





Chi Silk Infusion $15


A good hair-dryer - I got an awesome one on sale Solia 1875W Thermal Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer $70


A Chi straightener that works for your hair length and type - I use CHI Ceramic Flat Iron (Turbo, 2';), it's best for my length and thickness. $120





Wash your hair with any shampoo/conditioner combo - this really isn't important - just make sure it's extra moisturizing and can care for your hair and keep it healthy as you're going to be styling it with hot tools.





Towel dry your hair, brush it out with a dangling comb/brush apply a penny size amount of Chi Silk Infusion to your hair, rub it a little in your palm and distribute evenly and comb through your hair.





Turn on your straightener on max heat, let it warm up as you dry your hair.





Get your hair dryer set it on medium heat and fastest speed. Just roughly dry it to get the moisture out of it.





I use two brushes when drying. A large wide paddle brush and a large boar bristle round brush. Turn the heat up to the highest and speed and highest heat.





Start with the paddle brush, put the concentrating nozzle on your hair dryer and start drying your hair straight down section by section with the paddle brush. When the hair is almost dry I switch to the round brush and do once over on my hair again, but this time heat is on highest and speed on medium.





Brush through your hair with the paddle brush and switch the dryer to cold and fast speed. The idea here is to set the style and bring shine. About 30 seconds is fine just basically blow all over your hair.





Hair straightener time. Grab a comb with thinner teeth. Get a few clips and section your hair into 4 sections. Right bottom, Left bottom, Right top, left top. Use the comb first and run the straightener behind it, comb is the straighteners guide. Do this for all sections.





Your hair should be very straight now. Run the straightener twice where there are any kinks, usually at the front by your ears or at the back of your neck.





This should give you a style that remains straight and non-frizzy for the entire day as long as you don't walk outside with no umbrella!





Brushes are cheap, i use a con-air round brush that was $5 and my paddle brush was from Folica too for about $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment